As a flower trader it can be easier to prepare a strategy when we are aware of what the future will hold, of course there is no Crystal ball for this. Our best bet is to have a clear vision of what the trend is. With this idea in mind I have put toghether these 11 main topics that I believe will dominate the flower industry for years to come.
Above you will find what I think are the key trends that will define the flower industry over the next years, are you preparing your long term business strategy accordinly?
• Direct communication and commerce between growers and buyers
• Amplification of the voice of the buyers and floral organizations
• The need for an authentic story as the number of sources increases
• Extremely short attention spans due to clutter
• The Long Tail
• Google and the dicing of everything
• Infinite channels of communication
• The shifts in scarcity and abundance
• The triumph of big ideas
• The shift from “how many” to “who”
• New gatekeepers, no gatekeepers
How well are you prepare for this change? have do you have in place a sales system that will improve your grower buyer interaction? what information channels are you using and is this what you should be doing?